Software QA Analyst
Apero Solutions Inc. is seeking an experienced Software QA Analyst & Hands-On Project Manager.
As a QA Analyst, you’ll be part of a team working closely with our development team and a portfolio of clients to define issues, delineate projects, analyze project requirement & create specifications, define sprint & release planning, execute and write manual and automated test cases through to delivery. You will participate in team meetings and play a role in our major implementations. Your responsibilities will increase in breadth and depth as you grow and develop in the position.
If you are an enthusiastic, analytical team player with an aptitude for learning new skills and software tools independently and quickly, you will fit well into our play hard and work hard culture where your professional career will excel to its maximum potential. The successful candidates will possess exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills to effectively work with our development team.
- Publish timely and effective status reports to the Test Lead and Project Managers
- Work with the team to create detailed functional specifications for new features that include requirements, objectives, functional changes, test scenarios, etc.
- Document automation & manual test data, analyze test results and make recommendations on how to refine the system to better suit user needs and expectations
- Create, execute and modify detailed test scripts, test plans, use cases & scenarios according to specifications
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop, document and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles
- Analyze formal test results to discover & resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues & operational flaws
- Manage Release / Sprint Planning: Provide estimates to assigned tasks and meet committed deadlines. Follow up with development team to ensure timelines are met. Work with development team to manage work loads and expectations.
- Work with customers to define functional requirements, manage release expectations, log and track customer requirements and provide customer training and release notes for new features.
- A passion for quality in everything you do
- 2 + year experience in QA
- University degree or technical diploma in either Computer Science/Computer Programming/Software Engineering or Business with strong technical skills
- Strong understanding of Agile Development
- Good Knowledge of ERP processes in the hard goods wholesale distribution industry
- Strong knowledge of test phases, methodology and techniques
- Experience with defect tracking and test management tools
- Experience/working knowledge of QA artifacts and excellent documentation skills
- Good team player and strong coordinating skills
- Ability to work with multiple QA locations, including onshore and offshore
- Energy, enthusiasm, flexibility and commitment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
What sets you apart:
- You can provide examples of where you have developed automated test suites that improved the overall efficiency of a system.
- You are familiar with automation tools that are available in the market
- You are a strong personality who has lead offshore teams. Even though you are a contributor, you have been called upon to be the “project lead” that requires you to delegate work tasks and mitigate any issues that might arise.
- You can provide clear, specific examples of where you have had to address a complex QA issue involving many stakeholders
- You are a Problem solver, with an analytical mind, who can work independently and as a part of the team
- You are a Curious go-getter, with sharp attention to details, positive attitude, and adaptive to change in a fast-paced, challenging, but rewarding environment
Location of Work:
Edmonton, AB but first 2 to 3 months of training to be held in Calgary – Monday through Friday
Calgary, AB in a “work from home” for the right individual & circumstance
Career Level Required:
2+ to 5 Years
Minimum Technical / College Degree
Minimum 1 year Contract
Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; Apero Solutions Inc. is a dynamic company specializing in business and technology solutions for the hard goods distribution industry. We are committed to our products that provide our users with integrated solutions designed to fit the everchanging needs of the wholesale distributor. Apero strives to deliver what customers expect from technology. We partner with our clients in determining and advising the most effective setup for our Latitude ERP software, RF warehouse, web and mobility solutions that will ultimately deliver a fully integrated business package. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team. We are a growing business with a strong vision.
Apero Solutions is currently seeking a Software Developer for a permanent, full time position.
Computer and Technology Knowledge
Linux, Unix, Servers, Programming software, Website creation and
management software, Web service design, Software development,
MS Office, MS Windows
Ajax, JQuery, Soap, .NET
Write, modify, integrate and test software code, Maintain existing
computer programs by making modifications as required, Identify
and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions,
Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status,
operation and maintenance of software, Assist in the collection and
documentation of user’s requirements, Research and evaluate a
variety of software products.
5 years or more
Commensurate with experience
Send your resume to